Are you a teacher or non-profit professional looking for a chance to increase your skills? Do you want to bring an exciting new program to your students or clients that will require specialized training? The Florence Rotary Club’s Continuing Professional Education Fellowship program is offering two $2,000 fellowships to support local people who serve our community.
Florence Rotary Fellowship for Professional Development Grant is given to enrich the personal and professional growth of professionals recognizing and supporting them as they identify and pursue opportunities that will have the greatest continuing impact on their practice and on the performance of their organization in the Florence community.
Basic eligibility requirements include the following:
- Staff member (32hrs/wk minimum, volunteer or compensated) of an organization in the Florence or Mapleton area
- Minimum of one year in a professional staff position
- Must have the intention of remaining with their sponsoring organization for at least a year
- Recipients will not have received a Fellowship grant within the last five years.
Click here for application:
Fellowship for Professional Development Application
The simple application is due by Friday, March 16 at 6 p.m.
Nine years after the Rotary Professional Education grant first began, more than a dozen local teachers and nonprofit professionals have received training and education. Here are some of the results:
- A middle school science teacher attended a graduate-level course at Portland State University focused on engineering and design education.
- A local nurse attended specialized training to increase her skill in providing direct service to patients.
- An elementary-school teacher who was struggling to engage the highest and lowest achievers in her classroom used our funding to attend a national conference about using tablets to manage differentiated learning. This approach advocates the use of small workstations throughout a classroom where students can learn in different ways — using a computer or tablet, touching or interacting with objects, engaging in discussion, or pursuing individual study.
- A counselor received training to teach women and children how to deal with and prevent domestic abuse.
Anyone engaged in serving the community is eligible!